Why Be a Member
We are all very proud of Rochester Area Builders and of the countless advantages it affords our members. Membership in the Rochester Area Builders, Inc., is a powerful tool which, when used correctly, can have a positive influence on your business and personal growth once you become involved and learn how to cultivate the many opportunities available to you.
- Monthly evening meetings that provide timely programs on issues of interest and the chance to network with other members, exchanging thoughts and ideas.
- The opportunity to host the social hour at a General Membership Meeting. Associate Members can display their products and services during the social hour to prospective clients. Networking Nights are available to host at member's showrooms at various times throughout the year.
- Participation in marketing events such as the Spring Showcase of Homes and the Fall Showcase of Homes, along with participation in the Builders Home Show where all members can display products and services available to the consumer. The Remodelers also have the Remodelers Tour to showcase their work.
- Educational programs, accredited for Builder/Remodeler and occasionally Realtor licensing, are offered at a lower cost than non-members.
- Involvement in decision making by participating on various committees.
- A variety of services and support from the staff of Rochester Area Builders.
- Full membership in the National Association of Home Builders and the Builders Association of Minnesota. These memberships give you legislative representation in what is happening at the local and national level in your industry.
- Convenience of having the local membership directory with a wealth of information. Our printed directory is only available to members.
- Potential customer referrals from Rochester Area Builders' advertising, public relations, and special events.
- Provides professional and social environments, such as the golf outing, for networking with other members
- The prestige that comes from membership in an Association that is actively involved in promoting the building industry.
- The opportunity to advertise in publications such as the monthly newsletter, the directory, and the events' booklet.
- Plan Copies available as black & white or color - see Flyer
Contact Us to request information about becoming a member.
- Presents your housing industry concerns.
- Influences important decisions through committee activities.
- Promotes ongoing education and license renewal requirements.
- Provides members with networking opportunities.
- Powerful and respected voice in Federal Government.
- Actively promotes regulatory reform.
- Analyzes and reviews building codes and regulations.
- Provides research and technical guidance.
- Contributes expertise and monetary assistance involving legal cases of national significance.
- Publishes a monthly magazine featuring articles on progressive concepts in building.
- Holds an annual National Trade Show that is second to none.